- Employment: 0.8 FTE
The History of Paintings phase at Radboud School in Nijmegen is looking for an Assistant Professor of the History and Idea of Construction, preferably a generalist who has any of the following: the history of within design; colonial construction; cultural heritage; Asian or African construction.
As an Assistant Professor you will be part of the Paintings History phase of the department of History, Paintings History and Classics at the College of Arts and participate in its educational programme on all levels. You may well be an inspiring teacher with a powerful international research profile who demonstrates a world point of view on provide educational and societal characteristics. You will be educating BA and MA categories, principally then again not totally, throughout the history and concept of construction (in Dutch and English), participating in annual, week-long medieval, renaissance and trendy art work excursions (which can also be part of the BA curriculum), supervising students, participating in educational fortify movements corresponding to tutoring, and actively contributing to the development of the curriculum.
You will be sparsely excited about the organisation of the History of Paintings programme and lend a hand in shaping its longer term trajectories. Your research will be embedded throughout the Radboud Institute for Custom & History (RICH). You are a productive and full of life researcher who will contribute to RICH research groups and RICH in most cases. You can seek external funding and will be full of life in public engagement movements. You can cooperate with educational team of workers in research movements and will participate in committees and/or mission groups during the department, programme or faculty.
In this position a normal part of your operating hours is reserved for educating (incl. administrative responsibilities) and for research (excl. additional research funding). The existing balance for assistant professors is 60%-40%.
The College of the Arts at Radboud School is devoted to vary and inclusivity. Candidates from underrepresented groups are specifically invited to make use of.
- You hold a PhD throughout the History and Idea of Construction.
- You may have an (additional) enjoy in any of the following: the History of Inside of Design; Colonial Construction; Cultural Heritage; Asian or African Construction.
- You may have a apply record of world high-profile scholarly publications.
- You may have a national and international group of contacts in academia together with throughout the museum international and the ambition to meet a control position to your field.
- You may have educating experience and a strong educating philosophy.
- You are a personnel player who is able to resolve leading edge connections with other team of workers folks in research and educating during the College of Arts and previous.
- You may have a correct basic qualification in educational educating (UTQ, for instance the Dutch BKO), or are devoted and able to obtain one within of 2 years.
- Dutch is your fluent language, another way you show your willpower to mastering the Dutch language via obtaining C1 level within of one.5 years.
- You hold a Cambridge Certificate (CPE2 level) in English or equivalent, otherwise you may well be devoted to obtaining this certificate throughout the just about longer term.
The College of Arts is devoted to knowledge production with a very powerful medical and social impact. With over 500 educational and fortify team of workers, we teach and behaviour research throughout the fields of history and art work, languages and cultures, and linguistics and communication, the usage of leading edge methodologies and working in close collaboration between the disciplines. Our research is embedded in two research institutes: the Centre for Language Analysis (CLS) and the Radboud Institute for Custom & History (RICH). We at the present time have approximatively 2,500 students, enrolled in 3 departments: the Department of History, Paintings History and Classics, the Department of Stylish Languages and Cultures, and the Department of Language and Dialog. We objective to contribute to a additional sustainable and inclusive international, which is why we specifically seek methods from candidates who put across more than a few perspectives, backgrounds, and skills that will be assets to our know about programmes and research profiles.
We want to get the best out of science, others and ourselves. Why? Because of that’s what the field spherical us desperately needs. Major research and coaching make an indispensable contribution to a healthy, loose international with an identical choices for all. That’s what unites the more than 24,000 students and 5,600 personnel at Radboud School. And this requires a lot more talent, collaboration and lifelong learning. You may have a component to play!
- Employment for 0.8 FTE.
- The gross per 30 days salary amounts to a minimum of €3,821 and a maximum of €5,943 consistent with a 38-hour operating week, depending on previous coaching and collection of years of linked artwork experience (salary scale 11 or 12).
- You can download 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus.
- It concerns a temporary employment for 1.5 years with the opportunity of an enduring position after certain research.
- You will be able to use our Dual Career and Family Care Services and products. Our Dual Career and Family Care Officer permit you to with family-related fortify, have the same opinion your partner or spouse get in a position for the local labour market, provide customized fortify in their search for employment and have the same opinion your members of the family settle in Nijmegen.
- Running for us manner getting additional days off. In case of full-time employment, you are able to choose between 29 or 41 days of annual go away instead of the legally allotted 20.
Additional employment prerequisites
Do you wish to have more information?
For questions in regards to the position, please contact Prof. Hanneke Grootenboer, Whole Professor at email@example.com.
Smart knowledge and methods
You are able to apply until 1 March 2022, totally the usage of the button underneath. Kindly deal with your application to Prof. Hanneke Grootenboer. Please fill throughout the application form and fix the following forms:
- A letter of motivation.
- Your CV, in cooperation with a list of publications and the names and phone details of three references.
- A writing trend, preferably a printed article.
The main round of interviews will occur on Monday 28 March. The second round of interviews will occur on Tuesday 19 April. You might be able to preferably get started employment on 1 September 2022.