They are inviting fiction authors from all around the world to submit short tales on any topic of their choosing to this competition. The purpose is to bring the best and most unusual foreign fiction to the attention of readers around the world.
Brilliant Flash Fiction is an online quarterly literary journal founded in 2014 by Dawn Lowe and Laurie Scavo to publish short stories and flash fiction. Ed Higgins became a member of Dawn and Laurie’s family in 2015. Pamela Painter will serve as the judge for the 2022 Writing Contest.
In the case of Brilliant Flash Fiction
Brilliant Flash Fiction is an online quarterly literary journal founded in 2014 by Dawn Lowe and Laurie Scavo to publish short stories and flash fiction. Ed Higgins became a member of Dawn and Laurie’s family in 2015. Brilliant Flash Fiction established a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in October 2018, with a board of directors consisting of five individuals. Contributions to Brilliant Flash Fiction are deductible as charitable contributions under IRS Section 170. Donations go toward paying operating expenses…. read more
Brilliant Flash Fiction Writing Contest
Aim and Benefits of Brilliant Flash Fiction Writing Contest
- $200 for first prize
- $100 for second prize
- $50 for third prize
- $20 and publication on Brilliant Flash Fiction website for shortlisted stories
Requirements for Brilliant Flash Fiction Writing Contest Qualification
- Open to writers worldwide, no age requirement.
- One entry per author;
- Fiction only. No poetry or essays.
Interview date, Process and Venue for Brilliant Flash Fiction Writing Contest
- Submit your story double-spaced using font-size 12 pt. Times New Roman. This is a blind-judged contest, so do not put your name on your story. Instead, submit a brief author bio in a separate attachment with your contest entry. Results will be announced sometime before June 30, 2022.
- Authors retain all rights to submitted work.
- All entries must be original and unpublished. This means submissions that have been accepted for publication anywhere else, including blogs, radio broadcast, personal web pages, etc., are not eligible.
- Entries of more than 500 words or entries found to be published anywhere else will be immediately disqualified.
April 15, 2022