Genesis Cinemas is the largest cinema network in West Africa, with 12 locations, 47 screens, and over 4,700 seats in operation across Nigeria. Genesis Cinemas is the leading movie chain in West Africa. GC is a subsidiary of the Genesis Group, a Nigerian conglomerate that was established in 1991 with a primary focus on hospitality and entertainment. The Genesis Group has diverse interests in restaurants, hotels, industrial catering, cinemas, family entertainment centers, and facility management, among other things.
The Genesis Cinemas brand and corporation were introduced to the Nigerian market in the year 2008, with the debut taking place in Lagos. Over 15 million clients were handled by the organization by the end of the month of December 2011. Genesis Cinemas operates cinemas in Lagos, Port-Harcourt, Warri, Owerri, Abuja, and Asaba, among other cities. Our long-term growth strategy, which includes expansion into all major cities across the country, will see us expanding into new markets in the coming years. In the strategic Lagos market, we have established ourselves as a big brand, with our present Lekki site situated at the most popular shopping mall in the country, which has over 800 parking spots and houses some of the most prestigious Nigerian and foreign retail brands in the country. Genesis Cinemas Lagos was the first cinema in West Africa to play a 3D film (The Green Hornet) when it opened its doors in February of this year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of memos for approval and documentation
- Preparation of Reports
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of vacant positions by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process.
- Preparation of Onboarding plan and the coordination of the onboarding process
- Process payroll for Cinemas and QSR
- Maintains employee records
- Acts as a liaison officer between staff and HR Advisor
- Provides counseling on the company’s policies and procedures
- Processing of call allowance for all staff
- Support the HR Team on disciplinary and grievance issues
- Manage Employee Leave Schedule which comprises of Annual Vacation, Maternity Leave, Sick Leave and Exam Leave
- Schedule meetings and interviews as requested by the Manager; HR & Admin
- Ensure confidentiality of the Company’s information which is sensitive in nature; maintain appropriate electronic and paper files for company reference.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- B.Sc / HND in any related field
- At least 2 years of experience in the same/similar field.
N100,000 / month.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online