Every year, Canada accepts about 100,000 immigrants through family sponsorship. So, if you wish to come to Canada through Family Class Sponsorship, we’ll guide you through how to apply for Canada Family Class Sponsorship Program 2022 in this post.
If you become a Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada, you can sponsor select family members or relatives under the Canada Family Class Sponsorship program. You must be at least 18 years old and able to support them once you arrive. You must also be a citizen or a permanent resident.
IRCC (previously CIC) accepts around 80% of these immigrants through the Spouses, Partners, and Children Program, and the other 20% through the Parents and Grandparents Program. To help its post-COVID economic recovery, Canada is pursuing the largest levels of immigration in its history.
As a result, Canada expects to welcome over 400,000 new immigrants every year, with over 100,000 of those falling into the family category.
The Family Class Sponsorship Program allows adult permanent residents or citizens to sponsor a relative for immigration to Canada, reuniting families. To be eligible for sponsorship, the individual requesting it must be a:
- Spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner
- Dependent child
- Sibling, nephew, niece, or grandchild under 18 years who is unmarried and whose parents are deceased
What is Canadian Family Sponsorship?
There are two main aspects to sponsorship:
- It allows your family member to immigrate to Canada and get permanent residence (PR).
- It requires you, as an individual, to make a commitment to provide for basic needs and to support that person financially.
How to Apply for Canada Family Class Sponsorship Program
- Step 1: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria to be a sponsor.
- Step 2: Ensure that the relatives you intend to sponsor meet eligibility criteria.
- Step 3: You will need to apply at the federal level to the Ministry of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and, if you are a Quebec resident, at the provincial level to the Ministry of Immigration, Francization, and Integration (MIFI). You must submit your sponsorship application and the permanent residence (PR) status applications of your family members or relatives together. Once you have been deemed eligible to sponsor, your PR application will be reviewed.
- Step 4: You will be required to pay the family sponsorship application fee.
- Step 5: Send your application to the right address. You will find this information in the sponsorship guide that is available for download on the government website.
Requirements for a Sponsor Interested in Living in Canada
In addition to being a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, the sponsor must also fulfill a few other requirements in order to be eligible for the Canada Immigrants Family Sponsorship Visa program
The sponsor must:
- Prove that they will be able to financially support their family member and any dependent, if necessary
- Enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, as well as the sponsored relative, where the sponsor will agree to support the family member for a certain amount of time. The sponsored relative must make an effort to support themselves, as well.
- Either reside in Canada prove their intention to live in Canada when the sponsored relative arrives in Canada
- Be at least 18 years old
- Not be incarcerated or charged with a serious offense
- Not be bankrupt
- Not be under a removal order if a Permanent Resident
READ ALSO: USA Visa Sponsorship Jobs for Health Care Workers & Nurses in The United States.
Sponsor Your Spouse and Children in the Canada Family Class Sponsorship Program 2022
How to Get Your Austria Visa Approved | Austria Visa Application & Entry Requirements
Canadian Passport Application – How to Apply for a Canadian Passpor
Move to the United States of America through the American Visa Sponsorship Program 2022-2023.
How to Sponsor Your Wife, Husband, or Common-law Partner Through Canada Family Class Sponsorship Visa
Spouse or Common Law-Partner Sponsorship
If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada you may sponsor:
- your spouse (you are legally married)
- common-law partner (you are not legally married but have been living together for at least 12 months in a conjugal relationship).
- conjugal partner (you are not legally married or in a common-law relationship and they are living outside Canada)
To be eligible for spousal or common-law partner sponsorship, you must:
- be 18 years of age, a Canadian permanent resident living in Canada, or a Canadian citizen,
- demonstrate that you can provide for the basic needs of yourself and your spouse or partner,
- Prove your relationship with the sponsored person is genuine by providing supporting documentation.
To be eligible for spousal or common-law partner sponsorship, the sponsored person must:
- be at least 18 years of age and not too closely related to you.
There are two types of spousal or common-law sponsorship applications:
- Inland: The Canada Family Class Sponsorship Program 2022 application can be made from within Canada because the person you wish to sponsor is currently in Canada. This type of sponsorship allows applicants to continue to live in Canada while their application for permanent residence is being processed.
If the application is made from within Canada, the person you are sponsoring may apply for an open work permit that would allow them to work for any employer in Canada while the sponsorship application is being processed.
It is possible for spouses or partners to come to Canada by first applying for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).
2. Outland: The application is made from abroad through an Embassy or Consulate.
In this case, the person you are sponsoring and who resides abroad will normally wait for permanent residence outside of the country but may visit you in Canada. For more details click here