United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s biggest financial organizations, with operations in 19 African countries and three global financial centers: London, Paris, and New York. United Bank for Africa Plc is a subsidiary of the United Bank for Africa Group. United Bank for Africa (UBA) has developed from a single nation organization started in 1949 in Nigeria to a pan-African supplier of financial services with more than 11 million customers served through close to 1000 business locations and touch points around the world.
We are now seeking candidates for the positions listed below:
Regional Control Officer is the official title for this position.
Abuja, Enugu, Port Harcourt – Rivers, Kano, and Sokoto are among the locations.
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
The purpose of the position (s)
To guarantee that the business office operations are in compliance with the Bank’s internal rules as well as regulatory requirements.
- Assist business offices with compliance and regulatory issues, and provide counseling when required.
- Improve control and awareness culture in the business offices.
- Ensure that the ambience of the business office is maintained and kept customer-friendly at all times.
- Monitor and ensure that open items in the GL accounts are current and reflect the true nature of the products recorded in them.
- Ensure integrity of transactions in business offices, and report deviations/anomalies immediately.
- Identify control lapses/policy breaches through control activities for process improvement/policy amendments.
- Escalate cases of fraud, customer complaints, and staff disciplinary issues to the Area Control Manager, or responsible department.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and ACA or ACCA.
- Minimum of 4 years experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- We are looking for Regional Control Officers in Enugu, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Kano, and Sokoto.
- Our ideal candidates must have knowledge of financial accounting and audit with at least 4 years of experience from a bank, audit, or consulting firm.
- Supervisory, and Investigation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain a high level of awareness at all times.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Problem solver.
- Good knowledge of accounting and auditing.
- Basic financial knowledge.
- Knowledge of the banking sector, trends, and policies of financial regulators in Nigeria – CBN, NDIC.
- Knowledge of the UBA’s banking policies, processes, and procedures.
- Relationship management – should be able to maintain a customer-friendly disposition at all times.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
6th May, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online